New Web Tool Offers Real-Time Malware Assessment and Cleaning at No Cost
SAN DIEGO-May 23, 2007-ESET, the leader in proactive threat protection, today unveiled its new online scanning service. Powered by award-winning ESET NOD32 Antivirus software, ESET Online Scanner is a free Web-based service that enables computer users to perform a comprehensive system scan to check for and clean viruses, spyware, and other malware—without uninstalling their existing antivirus solution. With Online Scanner, non-ESET users can get a “second opinion” on the health status of their computers and determine if their existing malware solution is really performing up to snuff.
“It’s a pleasure for us to offer the public the power of NOD32 in our new Online Scanner service,” said Miroslav Trnka, co-founder and CTO of ESET. “ESET believes in empowering users to make the best AV buying decision, and we’ve offered free 30-day trial licenses for many years that include full product functionality. While it doesn’t replace the trial version, the new Web scanner takes this try-before-you-buy philosophy a step further by allowing users to test our product in real-time without removing their existing protection.”
All AV Solutions Are Not Created Equal Computer users are often surprised to learn that their systems have been compromised despite diligently using antivirus software. With ESET Online Scanner, comparison shopping for anti-malware protection has never been easier and provides a second opinion regarding the health of a computer.
ESET Online Scanner Benefits
- Fast and Easy-Use: The scanner is installed and activated by a single button
- Always Up-to-Date: Uses the most current threat signatures and heuristic detection algorithms available from ESET Threat Lab
- Comprehensive Malware Detection: Detects both know and unknown forms of malware, including viruses, worms, Trojans, phishing, and spyware
- Deep Scans: Scans inside archive files, runtime packed executables and email messages
- Cleaning: Cleans systems that were infected while running another antivirus solution and allows end-users to troubleshoot and repair many malware-related problems
- Anonymity: The Online Scanner can be used anonymously as contact information is not required in exchange for use of the service.
Availability The ESET Online Scanner will go live in June 2007 and will be available from the company’s Web site at www.eset.co.uk.
About NOD32 High-performance, low-impact ESET NOD32 Antivirus software offers consumers and businesses comprehensive protection in a product designed to automatically update behind-the-scenes without impacting other applications, so users always have the most current protection available. ESET NOD32 Antivirus version 2.7 utilizes ThreatSense® technology, a sophisticated detection system based on advanced heuristics, to proactively identify previously unknown viruses, Trojans, spyware, rootkits and phishing attacks in real time. ThreatSense is built into NOD32’s single scanning engine to provide comprehensive protection so users do not need to rely on additional point solutions for spyware and adware protection.