NEWS233 - ESET Smart Security and ESET NOD32 Antivirus version 7 Beta is now available for public testing
ESET Smart Security 7 and ESET NOD32 Antivirus 7 Beta is now available to the public for beta testing and feedback.
ESET Smart Security and ESET NOD32 Antivirus version 7 combine ESET's heuristics scanning technology with new features and functionality improvements including enhancements to Anti-Theft and Anti-Phishing protection.
- Advanced Memory Scanner: Stop heavily-encrypted threats that evade detection.
- Vulnerability Shield (ESET Smart Security only): Stay protected from threats or attacks trying to exploit network vulnerabilities.
- Parental Control (ESET Smart Security only): Predefined roles and categories to limit web access or the ability to tailor the controls using whitelists or blacklists.
Improvements and enhancements:
- Antivirus improvements
- Firewall improvements
- Anti-phishing improvements
Microsoft® Windows® 8, Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Windows Vista, Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Windows Home Server 2003, 2011
For more information and to download the product, visit the ESET Beta page.
NEWS231 - ESET Mail Security for IBM Lotus Domino v4.5.14057.0 has been released
ESET Mail Security for IBM Lotus Domino version 4.5.14057.0 has been released and is available to download.
- Added: New eShell 1.1 features – script signing, go to root context command
- Added: Support for monitoring via WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation)
- Changed: Improved detection of the following files – AutoCAD, Microsoft Visio, CorelDRAW files
- Changed: An On-demand database scan will not run without valid license
- Changed: Automatic memory allocation for On-demand scan tasks
- Changed: “mail.box” database has been added to excluded databases in GUI
- Changed: Registration of router process only for “Update” event and not allowing working with mail.box database
- Fixed: Issues within scanning thread erasing DEAD messages
For more information or to download a copy, please visit the ESET Mail Security for IBM Lotus Domino product page or contact your local reseller, distributor or ESET office.
NEWS230 - ESET Secure Authentication version 1.2.699.0 has been released
ESET Secure Authentication version 1.2.699.0 has been released and is available for a free business trial or to purchase.
ESET Secure Authentication (ESA) is a mobile-based solution that uses two-factor, one-time password (2FA OTP) authentication for accessing a company’s Virtual Private Network (VPN) and Outlook Web App.
- Added: Support for larger, more complex AD networks with improved install-time diagnostics
ESET Secure Authentication FAQ — For frequently asked questions (FAQs), Known Issues, and links to ESET Knowledgebase articles for installing and configuring ESA.
To check availability in your region, contact your local reseller, distributor or ESET office.
NEWS229 - ESET Cyber Security Pro version 5.0.109 has been released
ESET Cyber Security Pro version 5.0.109 has been released and is available for download. Users with a valid license can upgrade to the latest product version for free.
- Fix: esets_pfw – kernel panic on OS X 10.8.3 under some specific circumstances
For more information and to download the product, visit the following product download pages or contact your local reseller, distributor or ESET office.
NEWS228 - Localizations of ESET File Security for Microsoft Windows Server version 4.5.12011 are available
Localizations of ESET File Security for Microsoft Windows Server version 4.5.12011.x have been released and are available to download.
Languages available to download:
CHT, CHS, DEU, ESN, SKY, CHS, NLD, PLK, RUS, ESL, FRA, FRC, PTB and newly added ITA and KOR
- Added: Support for Windows Server 2012
- Added: Automatic exclusions for Microsoft Share Point Server 2013, Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 and Windows Server 2012
- Added: Italian language modification
- Fixed: Several GUI issues and eShell issues
- Fixed: Support of ESET Remote Administrator error with logs being sent multiple times when log optimization is initialized manually
- Fixed: Error with incorrect display of the network path in notification window and GUI
- Fixed: Problems with remote installation via ESET Remote Administrator
- Fixed: Localization issues
For more information or to download a copy, please visit the ESET File Security for Microsoft Windows Server Download page or contact your local reseller, distributor or ESET office.
NEWS227 - ESET Gateway Security for Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway Release Candidate (RC)
NEWS216 - ESET Remote Administrator version 5.0.511.0 has been released
ESET Remote Administrator version 5.0.511.0 (Service Release) has been released and is available to download.
- Fix: Remote Installation Agent cannot be registered on Windows Vista, 7, 2008, 2008 R2, 8, 2012 when ERAS runs as LocalSystem Account
- Fix: Remote uninstallation task detail will display an error if running other than Microsoft Access Database
- Fix: When updating the virus signature database, the process will hang at about 40% and possibly freeze ERAS
- Fix: Report storage folder grows in size despite strict overwriting is expected
- Fix: SNMP Trap is not working properly on Windows Server 2012
- Fix: Web and Device control log level inconsistency across Endpoint clients, ERA client properties and ERA reporting
- Fix: ERAS Installer – ERA HTTP Server cannot be installed during upgrade from 22.214.171.124 on Windows Server 2012
- Fix: ERAS Installer fails if User Name contains "%s"
- Fix: Unable to add/exclude certificates in configuration task
For instructions on upgrading from version 4 of ESET Remote Administrator to ESET Remote Administrator 5, please see the ESET Remote Administrator Migration Guide.
For instructions on upgrading from version 5.x to version 5.0.511, see the following Knowledgebase article:
- Installer – HTTP server ports input field will accept numbers larger than 65535
- Installing ERA under limited user account might result in problems when granting folder permissions
- Custom HTTPS certificate (not self-signed) is not applied during upgrade from 126.96.36.199
NEWS215 - ESET Endpoint Antivirus and ESET Endpoint Security v5.0.2214 (Service Release) are available
ESET Endpoint Antivirus and ESET Endpoint Security version 5.0.2214 have been released and are available to download.
- Added: Windows 8 Compatibility
- Added: Message indicating that a computer restart is needed when Device control is integrated into system
- Fix: Detection of Presentation Mode in Modern UI (former Metro UI) in Windows 8
- Fix: HIPS module failed to load on some operating systems after installation
- Fix: Occasional crash of Windows 7 64-bit SP1 after integrating Device control
- Fix: Error "ekrn.exe - Unable to locate DLL" occurred when installing on Windows NT 4.0 SP6
- Fix: Real-time file system protection not set automatically during installation in older versions when Enabled/Disabled NAP and Disabled "Display alerts”
- Fix: Not possible to create, edit or delete rules in Device control when operating system was restarted on Windows Server 2012
- Fix: Program Component Update did not run on Windows NT 4.0 SP6 and Windows NT 4 Server
- Fix: Blue screen error (BSOD) appeared with previous versions of Personal firewall module
- Fix: Error occurred when Advanced Menu/User Interface/Menu Type is changed on Windows 8 Enterprise 32-bit and the change is applied
- Fix: The rule with low severity appeared in Log file for Device control
- Fix: Email plugin not integrated into Outlook 2013 on Windows 7 64-bit
- Fix: "Server not found" error message appeared when updating from second profile
- Fix: Rules Editor in Web control does not eliminate white spaces before actual string
- Fix: System restart after creating archive on removable device
- Fix: Problems when installing Adobe Photoshop CS6 into Sandboxie
- Fix: Ekrn.exe uses too much RAM Memory after several days of uptime
- Fix: Occasional problems updating virus database via ESET Remote Administrator
- Fix: Minor fixes in Rules Editor for Web control and Device control
- Changed: Removed unnecessary icons from Modern UI (former Metro UI) in Windows 8
- Changed: Removed registry leftovers after uninstallation of the product
- Improvement: Overall stability
- ecmd.exe is not recognized as a trusted app.
Solution: To run the ecmd.exe command line utility, click Yes in the Action Center dialog window.
- Blue screen error (BSOD) occurs when using version 1.1 Microsoft Windows Automated Installation Kit (AIK) to create an ISO image from SysRescue on Microsoft Windows Preinstallation Environment (WinPE).
Solution: BSOD is caused by a bug in version 1.1 Microsoft Windows Automated Installation Kit.
For more information or to download a copy, please visit the ESET Endpoint Security download page or contact your local reseller, distributor or ESET office.
NEWS218 - ESET Endpoint Security for Android version 188.8.131.52 has been released
ESET Endpoint Security for Android version 184.108.40.206 has been released and is available to download.
- New Link Generator tool included for remote installation to multiple devices
- Added: Support for Japanese Language
- Added: Support for catching ERA setting links. Added Rules, SIM cards and Admin contacts list support in ERA module and application
- Enhancement: Support of custom "ems:xxxxxx" links to also support standard http links such as “http://ems/xxxxxx”
- Change: The "Remote Administration" menu item is now always available, and not only after successful product activation
- Change: The default interval between connections to ERA Server changed to 1 hour
- Change: The maximum length of RA password is now 255+1 characters
- Fixed: Version check compare function
- Fixed: The language initialization function added to EmsApplication, PhoneLocker and LockActivity
- Real-time protection does not work for Opera Mini browser
NEWS226 - ESET NOD32 Antivirus Business Edition for Linux Desktop version 4.0.79 has been released
ESET NOD32 Antivirus Business Edition for Linux Desktop version 4.0.79 has been released and is available to download.
- Added: Support of Gnome 3 and Unity desktop environments
- Changed: Battery Mode – scheduler does not run when PC works on battery
- Fixed: Issue with EGUI not starting again when closed after installation on Ubuntu 11.10 x64, x86
- Fixed: Issue with “Log Records Default Filter” not working on SLED x64
- Fix: Removable media blocking – fix for openSUSE Linux 12.1 x64, 12.2 x64
- Fixed: Connection staying active for 10 minutes after last action
- Fixed: Minor language corrections in localizations
- CD media blocking does not work correctly on Debian 6.0.7 64-bit
Supported Linux distributions
- Debian 6.0.7, Fedora 18, Mandriva, Red Hat, SuSE, Ubuntu 12.10 and most RPM- and DEB-package manager based distributions.
For more information and to download the product, visit the ESET NOD32 Antivirus Business Edition for Linux download page or contact your local reseller, distributor or ESET office.